Google Mobile Advertising Exam Questions & Answers
1 What will you need before you can set up conversion tracking for calls from an ad or from a website (assuming Google forwarding numbers are available in your country)?
- A mobile specific site-link extension
- An app published in the Google Play store
- An active call extension or call-only ad
- A sales team and operating phone bank
2Automatic bidding is ideal for advertisers who:
- Want to set their own bids for individual keywords
- Want to set their own bids for individual ad groups
- Want to save time managing bids based on hundreds of signals
- Don’t want to spend a lot of time managing keywords
3The codeless conversion tracking solution is usually recommended for app downloads on Android 08 over SDK or server to server solution when speed and ease of implementation is a priority.
4If you want to reach certain categories of apps with in-app display ads, or if you know the apps you want to target, you should:
- Create a Display Network campaign targeted to mobile apps
- Enable Active View reporting
- Create a placement inclusion for mobile apps
- Go to “Campaign Exclusions” from the Display Network tab
5iOS App Install confirmation is a feedback mechanism which enables customers to receive confirmation from Google every time an iOS app install event can be attributed to an AdWords ad click or view. Why would an advertiser use this solution?
- The advertiser is interested in cross-device conversions.
- The advertiser is using an in-house or third party app analytics system.
- The advertiser wants to count calls as conversions.
- This is the only available method of conversion tracking for iOS.
6You can use a mobile specific display URL to:
- Indicate that you have a mobile-friendly landing page
- Effectively track conversions to your desktop site
- Show consumers that you are a large brand
- Differentiate yourself from other advertisers
7To find the right mobile bid, you would calculate:
- (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate) + 1
- (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate) x 100
- (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate) – 1
- (desktop conversion rate / mobile conversion rate) – 1
8When conversion data shows that mobile drives more value, you would ________ your mobile bid. When conversion data shows that desktop drives more value, you would _________ your mobile bid.
- raise, raise
- lower, lower
- raise, lower
- lower, raise
9What is an app engagement ad?
- A customized ad shown to users who already have the app in order to drive them back to the app
- An app extension which shows a link to your app below your ad
- A templated “engagement” image ad which allows you to add more text or information to your ad
10Showrooming refers to:
- The phenomenon which turns brick and mortar stores into showrooms for products which are then purchased online or via mobile
- The phenomenon which turns brick and mortar stores into showroom apps for mobile users
- The phenomenon where various brands within similar categories compete for brand placement on a mobile device
- The phenomenon where brands sell specialty or limited quantity goods through mobile
11Which of the following is a way for an advertiser to monetize their app?
- ln-app ads
- ln-app purchases
- All of the listed answers are correct
- Charging for app downloads from the Apple iTunes or Google Play store
12The Mobile App Analytics Behavior reports give you data about:
- In-app user satisfaction ratings
- The detailed ways users of your app interact with other users of your app
- The detailed ways users interact with your app
- How many people have downloaded your app through a referral from a friend
13Which of the following is true about apps?
- Most Smartphone users download apps on a weekly basis
- Once a customer downloads an app, they will be likely to return
- The majority of Android apps have been downloaded
- The number of app installs on Android tablets is increasing
14iOS app conversion tracking cannot be set up using:
- Install confirmation feedback
- Server-to-server (S2S)
- Codeless conversion tracking
15Many successful mobile sites have large “touch targets” for clicking that take into account _________.
- responsive design based on touch
- the lack of precision on a touch screen
- time of day
- location where mobile is being used
16A mobile app is an application that can be downloaded and installed on your mobile device or rendered within a browser.
17Which of the following is incorrect about AdWords cross-device conversions?
- Cross-device conversions help advertisers understand the device that received the last ad click before the conversion
- Cross-device conversions do not track from desktop to mobile conversions; it only tracks mobile to desktop conversions
- Cross-device conversions do not track from mobile to desktop conversions; it only tracks desktop to mobile conversions.
- Cross-device conversions help advertisers track conversions that couldn’t be tracked before in AdWords since they were attributed to another non-AdWords channel like organic search or direct
18Which of the following is NOT a type of mobile ad extension?
- App extension
- Download extension
- Sitelink extension
- Call extension
19Assuming you are not using any bid adjustment and you value mobile traffic over desktop, which bid adjustment should you set?
- Increase bid adjustment for tablets
- Increase bid adjustment for desktop
- Increase bid adjustment for mobile
- Increase bid adjustment for mobile and desktop
20An advertiser with stores throughout the country could use Location Extension Targeting to:
- Decrease bids by 50% for users who are within 10 miles of their stores
- Target users in the same way across all of their locations
- Target users who are within 20 miles of one particular city in the country
- Target users who are within 10 miles of one particular city in the country
21Which of the following is true about mobile optimized sites?
- Visitors to your mobile-optimized site will be at the same point in the purchase funnel as visitors to your desktop site
- You should build your app before your mobile site
- Mobile-friendly experiences typically feature easy navigation, quick-to-load images, and streamlined text
- Mobile websites should only focus on task-based functionality, i.e. be a stripped-down version of the desktop site
22Usage data allows advertisers to:
- Change bid adjustments based on mobile traffic
- Create remarketing lists based on how frequently or infrequently a customer is using their app
- Add the conversion tracking tag to their app
- Create a conversion tracking list and add it to their app
23With a business in an eligible country, call conversions help advertisers understand the value that calls from their ads are driving by counting calls of a minimum duration to a Google forwarding number as conversions.
24A ___________ specifies a location in an app that corresponds to the content you’d like to show.
- location link
- deep link
- location extension
- remarketing link
25With YouTube Mastheads you can get 100% share of voice, not just on the desktop YouTube site, but also across screens with:
- The YouTube mobile site and the YouTube app
- The AdWords mobile site and YouTube app
- Video Search on Google
- The YouTube mobile site and Google Play App
26The two types of conversions for YouTube on mobile are:
- Promotion views and view-through conversions
- Conversions and view-through conversions
- Download views and engagement conversions
- Promotion views and engagement views
27How do upgraded URLs help advertisers with 3rd party conversion tracking?
- Allow advertisers to direct users to the app store to download their app
- Show deep link URLs only to people who already have the app
- Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL
- Show app install ads only to people who haven’t downloaded the app yet
28An app developer might use remarketing if they wanted to promote a paid version of their game to all users of the free version who reached Level 10 of the game.
29Which flexible bid strategy might help improve the chances that your ad gets to the top of the page?
- Target outranking share
- Target search page location
- Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA)
- Target return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Allow you to pay for ads that are viewed and also converted
- Allow you to pay for ads when they are displayed in a viewable position
- Allow you to only pay for those ads that are actually viewed
- Allow you to only pay for video ads that are viewed within an hour
31A(n) ________ gives your app users the ability to open your app directly from other apps by clicking a link.
- website deep link
- custom deep link
- app index
- location extension
32What is a lightbox ad?
- A cross-screen expandable ad format that optimizes for taps/swipes on mobile and mouse-overs/clicks on desktops
- A type of ad format that shows extra information (‘extending” from your text ads) about your business
- A mobile text ad
- A remarketing specific ad format to announce new features of your app
33App remarketing allows you to target people who:
- Have searched for apps similar to yours
- Have searched for your app
- Have used your app before
- All of the listed answers are incorrect
34The path to conversion on mobile is not the same as on desktop or tablet due to ALL of the following EXCEPT:
- Differing screen size
35The conversion optimizer for apps allows:
- AdWords to automatically take into account dozens of signals (location, time of day, CTR, device, etc) and adjusts bids accordingly across search and display inventory to help advertisers hit their desired Cost Per Click goal
- AdWords to automatically take into account dozens of signals (location, time of day, CTR, device, etc) and adjusts bids accordingly across search and display inventory with the goal of helping Advertisers hit their desired Cost Per Installs
- AdWords to automatically take into account dozens of signals (location, time of day, CTR, device, etc) and adjusts bids accordingly across just search inventory to help advertisers hit their desired Cost Per Install goal
- AdWords to automatically take into account dozens of signals (location, time of day, CTR, device, etc) and adjusts bids accordingly across search and display inventory to help advertisers hit their desired Cost Per Impression goal
36Setting up Mobile App Analytics requires:
- The “Edit” permission for a Google Analytics account and technical knowledge of your app development environment
- A substantial number of app installs or conversions
- A working knowledge of mobile click attribution technologies
- At least 1 app install or conversion
37Auto exclusions allow:
- Google’s mobile app promotion template ads to automatically include showing to users who have already downloaded the advertisers app
- Google advertisers to exclude automatic bidding within their mobile app
- Google’s mobile app promotion template ads to be automatic ally excluded from showing to users who have already downloaded the advertisers app
- Google advertisers to exclude high install pricing
38________ is a tool that can show you what happens after a customer clicks on your ads; whether they made a purchase, downloaded an app, or called your business.
- App extensions
- Conversion tracking
- Keyword planner
- Allow targeted remarketing list users to land directly on specific pages of your site
- Allow advertisers to give users the option to land directly on specific pages of your site
- Decrease CTR rates as users are sent to specific pages of your site
- Show your business address, phone number, and a map marker with your ad text
40The mobile video Masthead is a homepage ad similar to the desktop video Masthead and will appear on the homepage of all of the YouTube mobile and tablet properties, including
- the Android mobile app and m.youtube.com
- the Android native mobile app, the iOS app, and m.youtube.com
- reserve in-stream ads
- both the iOS and Android mobile apps
41Select the one way NOT to track app conversions.
- Using an app analytics provider for your AdWords campaigns
- Integrate the Google SDK in your app
- Using Codeless Android Install tracking
42When you use a flexible bid strategy, it will automatically optimize your bids based on:
- Your search terms data
- Your remarketing list
- Your Quality Score
- Your performance KPI (Key Performance Indicator)
43Which of the following is true about apps?
- Apps are more geared towards acquisition purposes
- Apps are more geared towards retention, loyalty, and engagement
- Once a user downloads an app, they are likely to return and engage with it
- Apps and mobile optimized sites are the same thing
44App Downloads are conversions that are tracked when a user downloads or installs a mobile application for the first time.
45If your campaign is running on the Display Network, your ads:
- Are automatic ally eligible to show in mobile apps
- Are only eligible to show in specific mobile apps
- Will only show on mobile apps that you select
- Are not eligible to show in mobile apps
46To re-engage users with an app, use the following strategies:
- Build remarketing lists, engage in reactive outreach, use deep linking, and track outside of installs for your most valuable users
- Build general email lists, engage in reactive outreach, don’t use deep linking, and don’t track outside of installs
- Build remarketing lists, engage in proactive outreach, offer something unique, use deep linking, and track everything beyond installs to understand your most valuable users
- Build remarketing lists, engage in reactive outreach, offer something free, and don’t track anything outside of installs
4750% of purchase-related conversions happened within of the mobile searches that initiated them.
- one hour
- two hours
- three hours
48Admob is _________
- an ad extension
- an app promotion ad format
- a custom deep link
- AdWords’ non-owned and operated mobile app inventory
49What time of day does mobile usage generally peak?
- Evening hours when people are at home
- Morning and evening when people are commuting to work
- Spread evenly throughout the day
- During working hours
50An advertiser would NOT use AdWords’ mobile offering to:
- Engage with users who have already downloaded their app
- Track conversions once a user downloads their app
- Advertise their app
- Build a mobile-optimized website
51With a business in an eligible country, advertisers can use Website Call Conversions to track calls to a Google forwarding number on their site from users who arrived there from any source.
52Once an advertiser opts in to advertise with our search partners (the default setting) in their campaign network settings, they should use __________ to have their ads populate within Google Maps for Mobile.
- mobile extensions
- location extensions
- store visit extensions
- product extensions
53For someone who wants to run a Display Network campaign, which tool is best suited for providing targeting ideas and estimates?
- Display Planner
- Display Ad Builder
- Display Ad Preview and Diagnosis
- Display Keyword Planner
54Which is a benefit of using server-to-server app conversion tracking over an SDK?
- Adding multiple SDKs for various advertising or analytics platforms have no impact on app code file-size
- Server-to-server connections are easier to set up than code-less conversion tracking
- Adding SDK and conversion tracking changes to your app doesn’t require review by the Google Play Store
- If not implemented correctly, adding the SDK and conversion tracking code could result in bugs in the app
- Desktop users to be able to access deeper, more targeted sections within a mobile app
- Ads to direct customers into deeper, more targeted sections of the app
- Mobile and desktop users to navigate within a mobile app
- Ads to direct new customers only into deeper, more targeted sections of the app
56__________ are a type of ad format that show extra information about your business.
- Deep link ad extensions
- AdMob extensions
- Ad extensions
- App installs
57To understand the full value of mobile, you must take into account:
- Mobile conversions
- App downloads, calls, store visits, cross device conversion, mobile conversions
- Cross device and mobile conversions
- Utilization of mobile ad formats, extensions, app and mobile site design best practices
58The Mobile App Analytics Acquisition reports give you data about:
- How often your mobile apps are installed and opened
- How your users spend time outside of your app
- Which type of targeting has the lowest cost-per-acquisition
- How much data your app has acquired
59To track conversions in an app, you can add the AdWords Conversion Tracking SDK to your app. SDK stands for:
- Schema Development Kit
- Software Deprecation Kit
- Schema Development Key
- Software Development Kit
60Which of the following is the main reason an app advertiser would want to use a 3rd party conversion tracking company?
- To have more control when communicating with each ad network
- To receive reporting on basic usage analytics
- To have a single SDK to add to your app instead of one from each ad network
- To see which of an app’s new users came from recent advertising clicks or views
61The App Overview report is a summary of the most salient data from all of the Mobile App Analytics reports- Use this report to:
- Review data about your users’ names. addresses. and income brackets
- Review the code for your app and SDKs
- Gain insight into your competitor’s strategies
- Assess the general health of your app and to follow data trends
62When should an advertiser use an app extension instead of an app promotion ad?
- To re-engage with users who have already downloaded the app
- With keywords intended to drive app download, but still give the option to visit the mobile website
- With keywords intended to direct users to the mobile website, but still give the option to download the app
- To run your ad on both Search and Display
63Showing your ads on top of the mobile page in search results is beneficial because:
- Ads above the results get more prominent notice with larger mobile screens. There are also no ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile
- Ads above the results might get more prominent notice with smaller mobile screens. There are also no ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile
- Ads above the results get more prominent notice with desktop screens. There are also no ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile
- Ads below the results get more prominent notice with smaller mobile screens. There are also ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile
64Which of the following is NOT true about an app URL scheme?
- Schemes are automatically set up when you create your app
- You can use “http” or a custom scheme that can start with the app or website name
- Typically the website name appears in reverse; e.g., example.com becomes com.example as a scheme
- The scheme is a part of the link that identifies which app to open
65Third-party analytics companies can reduce complication for advertisers by providing them only one SDK to add to their apps.
66According to a Nielsen study, what percentage of purchase-related conversions happened within an hour of the mobile searches that initiated them?
67Mobile presents an opportunity for a more targeted marketing message because you have an understanding of context such as time, location, and proximity of the customer.
68What is an app install ad?
- An ad format for advertisers to re-engage with users who have already downloaded the app
- An app extension which shows a link to your app below your ad
- A templated way to create text, banner, image, and interstitial ads driving users to the Google Play store
- A type of targeting used to match your ads to sites or pages based on the keywords or topics you’ve chosen
69Where can app ads run?
- Within other apps, also known as in-app
- Across Display, Search, and YouTube
- Only on the Google Play store
- Only on Admob
70In AdWords, you can create and manage video campaigns targeting mobile devices by using
- Masthead video” campaigns
- “mobile app engagement” campaigns
- “mobile app installs” campaigns
- the TrueView family of cost-per-view (CPV) video ad formats